Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, November 03, 2008
I told you that people can be swayed. Hot off the heels of Amy LeBlanc's blog, in which a commenter said about Proposition 8, "I was pretty much 'whatever' on this issue until today when someone posted about it," a woman who had voiced her strong support in favor of Proposition 8 (in favor of banning gay marriage) just days ago wrote an impassioned, intelligent, and bold reversal after some deep soul-searching (and after 18 people, including me, left comments on her post). It's difficult to publicly admit you've made a mistake—so the fact that I stumbled across two people who did so tells me there are many more out there that we don't know about. It's working.

(Now of course I know that there are those people who are immovable. For example, I keep reading blogs whose sentiment is that banning gay marriage is a move to protect children. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The idea that there is some secret [or not-so-secret] gay agenda to indoctrinate children or brainwash them is ABSURD. Anybody who believes this on ANY level is suffering from PARANOIA at best, rank IDIOCY at worst. Let's be clear about this: WE DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING CHILDREN. There's nothing to protect your kids from because WE DON'T WANT THEM. KEEP THEM. THEY'RE YOURS. LEAVE US ALONE. KEEP THEM AWAY FROM US. SHOO! SHOO! GO BACK TO YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY! HEEEEEEEEEELP!)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Yeah screw the children. I hate children.

    No really, I hate children.


  2. Anonymous Said,

    So what society has ever allowed two members of the same sex to be married? What is the benefit to society to allow just anyone to get married?


  3. Oh, for the love of Christ, if you read this blog, you know that it's not about benefits. I myself will NEVER get married because I just don't believe in it as an institution. BUT...I have a fundamental problem with a state constitution being used to legislate discrimination against an entire class of people. This is America. You just don't DO that.


  4. LAP Said,

    I am hiding Paulina's eyes from this statement. She refers to you as "my friend Prince" without understanding that I always want to add "but not the Prince you think she means..."

    I'm not sure what banning gay marriage will protect children from. The idea that two people committing to each other is a positive thing apparently....


  5. Yes, you preserve Paulina's image of me as a pillar of honor and decency! Please!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date