Vermont, Will You Be My Friend?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, November 06, 2008
Did you know that the Yes on Proposition 8 campaign, which aimed to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry in California, received monetary contributions from every state in the union except Vermont? That's right. Not one penny—not one!—came from the great state of Vermont. This afternoon, I was thinking to myself, "Vermont, will you be my friend?" And lo and behold, when I visited the state's tourism site, I saw text in the right-hand column that said, "Are you a friend of Vermont? Visit us on Facebook and tell us about it." So I went to Vermont's Facebook page and joined up.

As for gay marriage, the Vermont legislature may rule on the issue as early as next year. (Vermont holds the fine distinction of being the first state in America to legalize civil unions. Pro: a step in the right direction. Con: separate and not quite equal.)

I didn't know that you could befriend an entire state, but it has happened. I'm going to see if Vermont wants to go to the movies with me tonight.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. Yeah! THAT'S what I've been TALKIN' ABOUT!
    Vermont ROCKS.
    I'm from Vermont. My folks still live there - VERMONT IS SO TOTALLY COOL. IT'S THE ONLY STATE THAT HAS IT'S PRIORITIES IN THE RIGHT PLACES!
    Seriously. I'm going to retire there. I'm not kidding. Southern VT. It's the only place I want to live -- If I didn't want my kids to have a good foundation with all the appropriate bells and whistles, I'd already be there by now.

    Vermont rocks.

     

  2. Gomez Said,

    i didn't went to the vermount but i read the above comment and i under stand that's is one of the beautiful place in the world... any way me also cheers the vermount rocks
    **********
    Gomez

    vermont drug rehab

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date