Voting Is Easy

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, November 04, 2008
I headed to my polling place this afternoon with a Big Gulp (Diet Coke with cherry and vanilla flavoring) and a magazine (The Week), fully expecting a long line, but I breezed in and out pretty quickly. I was also prepared for fisticuffs and for yelling "VOTER SUPPRESSION!" because I'm in a rather confrontational mood, but no such drama was to be had.

Now I'm being totally obsessive-compulsive about CNN's constantly updating, self-refreshing results page, checking it every like 30 seconds. (I already looked at it four times since I started writing this post.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

4 Comments

  1. LAP Said,

    When I went to the polls this morning at 7am there was a crazy line, but this afternoon at 4:20, it was lovely and painless.

     

  2. Haha! I set CCN election updates to my homepage. And Obama better wins. I'm cutting class today just so I can sit at home in front of the TV watching CNN, with my laptop next to me.

    Obama!!

     

  3. LAP Said,

    That CNN link was so fabulous! My kids watched it like a fishtank.

     

  4. Yeah, you two, that M-F-ing CNN page was so addicting!!!!!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date