Jukebox Stories and the Christmas Surprise

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, December 25, 2008
Well, this is a nice Christmas surprise: my Google Alert notified me that Jukebox Stories: The Case of the Creamy Foam, which ran at Impact Theatre in Berkeley earlier this year, was just named one of the top ten East Bay plays in 2008 by the East Bay Express:
5. Jukebox Stories: The Case of the Creamy Foam, Impact. Playwright-storyteller Prince Gomolvilas and singer-songwriter Brandon Patton's show may have been a sequel/continuation of their similarly structured show from the 2006-2007 season, but it was also an endlessly entertaining grab bag of songs, wry anecdotes, and blog entries that could be enjoyed again and again because every night was different. The set list chosen at random might include encounters with Maury Povich or an analysis of High School Musical 2 as gay fantasia.
I sent an e-mail to the Impact crew to thank them and to tell them I would hump a pillow in their honor. If you haven't already, perhaps it is time for you to consider buying Jukebox Stories: The Official Bootleg CD, which is chock full of my greatest stories and Brandon Patton's greatest songs.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. splattworks Said,

    Congratulations, man! And Merry Christmas indeed. Plus I didn't know you worked with Impact and must know the fabulous Melissa. Makes for a nice way to wrap up the year.




  2. Merry Christmas, my dear. I am going to buy your cd as soon as I get back to the west coast. It will be one of the few things about "home" -- in other words, where my husband works -- that I look forward to. Brattleboro is my spiritual home and it will be horrible leaving here. I'm so centered here, which makes no sense given everything. But, sense when does love make sense?

    Will be reading your wonderful blog more post Dec. 29.

    Miss your writing so much.

    Merry Winter.

    xox Louise


  3. ps. Congratulations!


  4. OMG!!! CONGRATS!!!

    You talented Queen you =D

    P/S: Your CD....does it ship to Malaysia?


  5. quin browne Said,

    as a past member of the audience, AND a prize winner, i applaud this award, and can say it was well deserved.


  6. Splattworks, Melissa is one of my favorite Jews! :)

    Louise, yes, Brattleboro seems to be the spiritual center of the universe!

    TCDO, I don't know. It damn well should. I don't handle the set-up--Brandon does. So I'm clueless.

    Quin, thanks. You're a winner. :)


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date