Shimajiro's Tummy Feels Strange

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, December 01, 2008
In the fine tradition of animated Japanese toilet training videos for kids comes this clip of tiger parents teaching their tiger son how to go to the loo by way of a catchy little song that you will be singing all day long. This video is simultaneous funny and disturbing, culminating in a live-action finale that has to be seen to be believed. Watch:



Is it me, or are Japanese educational videos kind of fucked up?
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

11 Comments

  1. OMG OMG! I am so sending this to my friend who is having a time training their daughter to *go*

     

  2. Peter Varvel Said,

    This is not fucked up. This is natural and normal. "Everyone Poops" (by Taro Gomi).
    Catch up, Americans.
    Love, Peter the half-Jap.

     

  3. Chung Nguyen Said,

    Yeah, everyone has to poop. But do we have to see a little kid poop? No. No we don't.

    That last 30 seconds or so has scarred me. Up to that point, the video was rather informative and hilarious (*humming the song as I type*).

     

  4. OMG, I can't stop singing it! "Shee pah pah, shee pah pah, she pah, she pah, oh shee, oh shee, pah PAH!"

     

  5. Quin Browne Said,

    sooooooooo.....what do they do when he starts locking himself in the bathroom when he's 13???

    singing the wanking song???

     

  6. Quin, I sing the wanking song all the time. ALL. THE. TIME.

     

  7. whaaaaaaaa?! Did the subtitles really say that??!!

    But, what if the kid has the runs, would that talk, too?

    That clip is priceless.

    ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO YOU I AM NOT ABLE TO GET A THING DONE.

    just stop being so damn entertaining, would you!

     

  8. Louise, I kinda think they fudged with the subtitles just a little bit. :)

     

  9. Yeah, well, I figured about the second one being hijacked by you. It's the first one that seems like the real thing, sort-of. Is it?

    The second one, I think I figured was not going to end up on cable TV, but the first clip is the one that I agree with Pete, about. It's not so bad other than using the word "piss."

    Wish I'd had handy a few years ago.

     

  10. Anonymous Said,

    I think Pantsu Pankurou is better for slightly older kids than Shimajiro
    http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/pantsu-pankurou-fun-toilet-training-videos/

     

  11. Anonymous, thanks for the link. I have the feeling I'm going to find those strangely fascinating. :)

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date