Things I Read: Accidental Suicide Attempts, Urban Outfitters Sux, Obama's Rejected Logos

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, December 15, 2008
I'm not sure if the Prop Master should be reprimanded or the Stage Manager needs to be flogged or if Austrian theater is just plain odd, but I'm glad I'm not the actor who accidentally slit his own throat during a live performance.

Urban Outfitters and I have such a mutually loving relationship that it sends me catalogs in the mail as an expression of appreciation. But when you start yanking same-sex marriage T-shirts off store shelves because, it has been speculated, your CEO is a conservative finger-wagger, I 'm going to have to break up with you.

Some of Barack Obama's rejected campaign logos are truly hideous. Ah, the luxury of hindsight.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Quin Browne Said,

    i (as a stage manager) have a mental picture of that stage manager, in the booth when that happened... the disbelief, the shock, the wonder if you'll lose your union card...


  2. OMG. That's horrible. I had my hand on my mouth the whole time reading that accidental suicide piece. OMG OMG!!


  3. Quin & TCDO, that story just turns my stomach. The crew must've been freaking out!


  4. Sterling Said,

    I cannot read the piece about the acci. suicide. As for Urban Outfitters, it's well known that the ruler of Urban Outfitters detests us.


  5. Sterling, yeah, well, I just found out now. I should read more.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date