I Begged for It, and They Gave It to Me!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, February 26, 2009
There's a commercial for Danmer Custom Shutters that makes me laugh every time I see it on TV. Amidst the serious sales pitch is a shot of a woman flourishing in front of her white shutters while holding a container of cleaner and a roll of paper towels. Whether the sound is on or off, I spit out my Diet Coke in delight.

I've been wanting to show you this ad for a while, but, alas, I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet, even though Danmer has a YouTube channel. They've posted testimonials and such, but no TV commercials, much to my chagrin.

So, I did what any good blogger would do—I left a comment on the Danmer page, asking them to upload the aforementioned TV spot. And guess what? They did!!!!!

Hurry up and view this now before they take it down after realizing that we're all laughing at them and not with them. (But, hey, Danmer people, all publicity is good publicity, right? Plus, my blog will get this one video more views than you've gotten for all your posted videos combined! Leave this up forever please!) Watch:

Do you realize how dedicated I am? I went through all that effort to give you a split second of fun!

(I've replayed that lady spinning a half dozen times already—how many times did you replay it?)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Anonymous Said,

    They need a jingle like Empire Carpet guy has...


  2. oh my god that's amazing. the real question though, Prince, is - have you made your home a nicer place? You know they pay for themselves in energy savings...


  3. "There really is a difference.... The DANMER difference."

    ...Another LOL! Ha ha ha ha ha!


  4. Alan Goy Said,

    I thought to myself "how funny could it be?" Then I watched it. I should never have doubted.


  5. You know, it wasn't too long ago that I wondered if I needed more twirling in my life. I think it came from watching so many parades and thinking about how dull my everyday movement is, just sort of shifting my body from one place to another. It might not be practical to choreograph elaborate dance routines to get from my car to the supermarket, for instance, but punctuating my general ambulation with a simple twirl here and there might do the trick.

    I had forgotten these thoughts, but this video brings them back. It might be time to act on these thoughts, and I'm going to encourage your readers to do the same. It doesn't have to be as fancy as the lady in the video. You don't have to have a duster or cleaning products. But next time you sit on your sofa, or leave your apartment, or, yes, even while cleaning your window treatment of choice, consider starting or ending with a graceful little pirouette. It might just make the world a nicer place.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date