Amazon Disses the Gays, Part 3: Hackeriffic

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Jesus Christ. All I wanted to do was post that initial Amazon story and run. But then the company released a statement that I would've been remiss not to report on. And now there are reports of a hacker conspiracy.

A well-known hacker has come forward and claimed the whole thing was his prank.

The hacker, known as Weev, with whom we've had dealings before the "amazonfail" episode, is saying that the whole escapade was the result of his exploitation of a vulnerability in Amazon's product-rating tools.

Read more here.

All right. You have to follow the rest of this story on your own. I'm not a fucking news organization! I post videos of frightened children!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

1 Comment

  1. Stephanie Said,

    This story is unfolding way too quickly to follow - but mostly with a lot of misinformation. I'm waiting for the real story to shake out here, though I'm still skeptical of Amazon.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date