The Life and Times of Pork Chop: Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 4

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, April 21, 2009
[Read "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 1," "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 2," and "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 3." ]

Rub His Fingers Raw
May 18, 2003

Before heading out to Las Vegas in our rental car (a brand new Chevy Cavalier), Loren and I had just enough time to visit the SPCA, so that I could introduce him to the adorable gray kitten that we will be adopting. After I forced Loren to rub his fingers raw with hand sanitizer, we visited our gray kitten, which we have decided to name “Pork Chop.” (The day before, when Ken asked the gender of the kitten, I told him it was a male, and Ken mumbled, “Figures.”)

Loren took a liking to Pork Chop immediately. Out of the four kittens there, our kitty definitely had the most awesome personality. When you initiate and engage Pork Chop, he will play with you gleefully and he’s quite affectionate. When you leave him alone, he leaves you alone and is just fine doing his own thing. A perfect balance. Two of the other kittens meow like crazy and climb all over you. It’s very cute and irresistible. But I told Loren that it’s cute for about ten minutes at the SPCA, but you don’t want a cat like that following you around the house, being all high maintenance and shit, 24 hours a day. And you don't want a cat that's skittish and afraid of everyone either. You want a cat like Pork Chop, who is very sweet. You can just tell that it’s not evil or mischievous. It’s just a good-natured kitten with a big heart, and can you tell I am so in love?
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Will Said,

    I'm loving the pork chop origin pictures... is there an album somewhere dedicated just to baby pork chop?


  2. Beautiful! Pork Cop's, is the sweetest kitty coming-of-age story.




  3. Andy Said,

    Yes! Can we have a Baby Pork Chop photo album? :)


  4. Wibble Said,

    Pork Chop rules - the world. I love him! We all do! Pork Chop for president next time.


  5. A Baby Pork Chop photo album? Hmm. I think I have a bunch, but I have to scan them. I'll look into it. :)


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date