The Life and Times of Pork Chop: Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 5

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, April 22, 2009
[Read "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 1," "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 2," "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 3," and "Pork Chop's Origin Story, Part 4."]

Climbing Like a Monkey
May 23, 2003


Yesterday I stormed the SPCA and demanded to visit my soon-to-be-adopted kitten, Pork Chop. I had to storm because the office was very busy having a code-red computer crisis and tech people were climbing all over the place like monkeys. Then Pork Chop began climbing all over the tech people. Except he wasn’t climbing like a monkey; he was climbing like a kitten.

He’s so very sweet, and I have no doubt at all that this is the perfect cat for Loren and me, so perfect that the $199 carpeted cat tree at Petco doesn’t seem so outrageous after all. I mean, c’mon, folks, the cat tree has got several levels, swinging toys, secret tunnels, plush ramps, hiding places, trap doors, statues, fountains, a garden, a patio area, and a petting zoo. Pork Chop is worth every damn cent. Damn it.

Plus, I am in possession of Loren's Discover card. And Loren is in Florida. And he doesn't need to know. And I have no scruples. And I don't even know what "scruples" means. And all I know is that I'm going to spend this weekend "Discovering" how fun life can be.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

0 Comments



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date