You're Not Laughing at Her NOW

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, April 14, 2009
When Susan Boyle stepped onto stage on Britian's Got Talent, she was met with laughter and condescension from the audience and with growling sneers from the judges. After all, this never-been-kissed kook who live alone with her cat claimed to be 47 but looked like an old granny. Her creepy attempt at gyrating her hips didn't help matters. And when she revealed her dream to make it as a singer, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her and her delusions of grandeur. And don't get me started about that crazy-ass hair. But then she started singing...and blew everyone the fuck away. You just might tear up at this. Watch:



[Thanks to Joe B. for sending me this.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or follow me on Facebook or Twitter or YouTube. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do all those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

10 Comments

  1. narrioch Said,

    I do miss Britain's Got Talent! Especially blogging about it!

     

  2. wow. I cried big ole aligator tears after watching that one.

     

  3. Cheryl Said,

    Okay, the hip thing was a little weird, but somehow the British accent saves everyone from seeming pathetic. Even before she sang, she was kind of endearing.

     

  4. Holy crap. She was amazing.

     

  5. Patty Hose Said,

    She's gone viral! Since I sent you this first link I found on Dailymotion, she's had over 3,600,000 hits on one YouTube post alone.

    I wonder how she'll look after her forthcoming makeover?

     

  6. OMG. I love her. Adorable lady and angelic voice. Ah. Lovely way to end the day.

    xoxo Thanks Prince!

     

  7. I am obsessed with Susan's voice. She just comes off as such a sweetheart. Scott is still crying every time he plays it. The two backstage guys are great too.

    YAY!

     

  8. PA Said,

    I don't get it.

    She's a weird old granny from the UK who has a trained voice.

    Whoopdee-fuckin-doo.

     

  9. I kind of agree with PA. She's good, probably especially compared to the other clowns on that show. But yeah.

    And as far as her appearance goes, I think just a little eyebrow shaping would actually make a big difference. Oh, and a comb.

     

  10. Here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU4IkzMNIo

     













Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date

Blogroll