Captain Jack From "Torchwood" Seriously Schools Me

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, July 27, 2009
As you may know, I often make fun of Loren and his love of the BBC sci-fi series, Torchwood, by calling it "Dorkwood" and running around the apartment doing an absurd imitation of Captain Jack. The delightful fact that Captain Jack kisses boys and is played by openly gay actor (and musical theater performer) John Barrowman hasn't even swayed me enough to watch the new miniseries Torchwood: Children of Earth, which legitimate news outlets have been raving about.

I speak to all of you today as a deeply humbled individual, who expresses genuine respect for John Barrowman. You see, Loren was at Comic-Con this past weekend and got Mr. Barrowman to personally autograph a Captain Jack picture for me (click to enlarge):



In case you can't read it, he wrote:

Prince,
It's Torchwood. Not Dorkwood. Give us a kiss.
Love,
John Barrowman
Captain Jack

When I saw this, I laughed for about a minute straight. After that, I couldn't stop imagining what it would be like to kiss Captain Jack. Maybe I can convince Mr. Barrowman that "Dorkwood" is a term of endearment?

I do believe Children of Earth is still on the DVR. Is there Captain Jack nakedness? Please?
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

7 Comments

  1. MissTrixi Said,

    Loren was 'teasing' Jonny and I with pictures of Captain Jack and the geekfest all weekend. Color me jellus.

    Thumbs up on the nakedness, but it's best to get the UK version. Us yanks end up with a blurred out bum.

    And yes, Prince, we all know you're a snob. Somehow we still love you.

    xo
    Trix

     

  2. Jon Hunt Said,

    THERE IS NAKEDNESS THERE IS THERE IS THERE IS.

     

  3. Okay, you two, you promise nakedness. There had better be! I now seriously want a piece of that!

     

  4. OH PRINCE! You have to watch Torchwood. It would tide you over till the new season of 24!

    I can't believe you could hate on something so wonderful. Loren should smack you in the ass for that.

     

  5. Oh and there is boy on boy kissing. It's HOT!

     

  6. jterry Said,

    I think you need to personally beg Captain Jack for forgiveness.

     

  7. Anonymous Said,

    great post

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date