CATcerto: Inexplicable Genius...or Just Plain Stupid? You Decide

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, August 04, 2009
This is either breathtakingly adorable or the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Even as a cat lover, I'm not entirely sure I can endorse this. But it exists. And I can't pretend that it doesn't. You see, Lithuanian composer Mindaugas Piečaitis led a live orchestra while Nora the Piano Cat was beamed in via video to perform solo on piano. [Addendum: Gabriel wants me to clarify that "that concert was composed around a previously existing, fairly well-known YouTube video." (Like that changes anything.)] The results are highly questionable. Watch:

Yes, there's a website.

[Thanks to Erica.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. jterry Said,

    Hmm... I kinda liked it.


  2. lagot Said,

    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.



  3. This is the sweetest concert ever. I noticed off to the side in a few frames someone making hand gestures in Nora's direction.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date