I Will Write You a Letter of Recommendation

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Tuesday, August 11, 2009
In The Silence of the Lambs, Jodie Foster captured a serial killer by getting into the mind of a serial killer. In similar fashion, a certain movie studio knew that they could come to understand 13-year-girls by doing the one thing that would guarantee them results: they contacted me.

For the upcoming movie, Post Grad, which I presume is aimed at the teen-girl set, they created a Recommendation Letter Generator, a perfect summertime time-waster. After you answer a few simple questions, the Generator spits out a letter of recommendation using a complicated and classified algorithm based on your answers. The hundreds of variations of letters were all written by me. You can take the quiz over and over again, and it will spit out a different letter just about every time.

While I of course wanted to write stuff that would be fun for teen girls everywhere, I also wanted to make sure that I could make people just like you chuckle. I know I have succeeded valiantly.

Anyway, the Generator can be accessed on the front page of MySpace today. Go to MySpace and click "Need to Ace that Job Interview?" (after the ad at the top finishes playing) to access the Recommendation Letter Generator and see what I have come up with especially for you. (If you are reading this days after MySpace has taken down the link, then go here.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Misty Harris Said,

    Loved it! I'm happy to report that, apparently, rainbows and unicorns materialize when I walk down the street.


  2. narrioch Said,

    It's true! I DO look good in tights!


  3. I only write the truth.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date