Since free stuff gives you wood, it's time for another fabulous contest!

THE PRIZE: A brand new copy of You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons: The World on One Cartoon a Day. "On June 1, 1990, less than a week after graduating from college, Mo Willems embarked on a year-long trip around the world. Travelling only with a notebook, pen and ink, and one change of clothes, he spent the next 12 months backpacking across more than 30 countries. At the end of each day, he drew the one event that stuck out in his mind the most–from the sublime to the ridiculous. Recently annotated by the illustrator and featuring a foreword from bestselling humor writer Dave Barry, You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons is a unique snapshot of an artist's coming-of-age as he tries to understand the world around him."

THE RULES: Leave a comment—any comment—by Monday, August 31, 2009, 11:59 p.m. If you don't have an ID you can sign in with, you can comment anonymously and leave your name or your initials; when I announce the winner, you'll know if you won and all you have to do is e-mail me to claim your prize. One winner will be chosen at random. Anyone in the world can enter, even those people who have won before.

More free stuff! Yay!
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Will Said,

    I will claim porkchop as my prize instead


  2. kd Said,

    Wow! I can claim porkchop as my prize instead? Count me in! But, can I get a copy of the book as well? :)


  3. Nicole Said,

    I love books!


  4. Katie Said,

    I don't want porkchop, I just want the book!


  5. John Said,

    Does anyone else find it ironic that guys like Will are after Prince's pussy? I'm just saying.....


  6. Cricket Said,

    Note to self: Don't let pigeon drive the bus.


  7. Beth Said,

    You can thank the Pigeon for directing me here via Twitter. A grown-up addition to our ever-expanding Mo Willems collection would be oh so welcome!


  8. Emily Said,

    I can haz buk?


  9. mswas Said,

    Tweet Tweet, Pigeon!


  10. unpoete Said,

    Hungry for a Mo Willems drawing... or 365 of them.
    Thank you for the contest!


  11. Lance Agena Said,

    I love sketchy books written by authors named Mo.


  12. Hey, I didn't realize Mo Willems was so loved and desired. So guess what? I will be giving away additional copies of the book to more people I choose at random in this thread. I'll let you know how many more books are up for grabs shortly. Watch this thread. Thanks.


  13. ru Said,

    DO let the pigeon tweet your contest!!


  14. Anonymous Said,

    on twitter I'm bibli, in life I'm in bibli, but my parents call me Megan.


  15. Scholz Said,

    I love Mo Willems!


  16. sam Said,

    More Mo for my bookshelf please!


  17. I scream, you scream, we all scream for pigeon?! My kids love the Pigeon series and I love reading it to them! I've been told I do a great duckling but not to quit my day job just yet.


  18. Jenny Said,

    The Pigeon books are the best!


  19. David Said,

    What a great book idea.


  20. Sure hope I win. I love Mo. I love Pigeons and sketching. :) Please randomly pick me. *fingers crossed*

    John, Will has been after Prince's pussy for a long time.


  21. Sorry, I DID let the pigeon drive the bus. Does that mean I won't win?


  22. Anonymous Said,

    I love work by Mo Willems!!
    Oh, my name is Freckles Freeze.
    Thank you for doing the giveaway :)


  23. Julia Said,

    Mo Willems is so great! I hadn't heard about this book yet so this is exciting to see!


  24. LibraryGirl Said,

    I love Mo Willems stuff! Here at PPL we do puppet shows and storytimes dedicated to his great characters! The kids love his books and so do the parents.


  25. Kathy Said,

    I LOVE Mo and this is the only book I don't have!


  26. Adam Said,

    There is a hole in my life the size of "You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons: The World on One Cartoon a Day", written by Mo Willems. The coincidence is remarkable, and I've been questioning its existence for days, but my carpenter never returns his phone calls.


  27. Fred Said,

    I've read better books!


  28. Alan Goy Said,

    Me want book.


  29. Lori Dyer Said,

    The pigeon Rocks!


  30. Mrs. K Said,

    And all I have to do is leave a comment, and I can win a FABULOUS book by my favorite author?!?!? AWESOME!!!


  31. Katrina Said,

    I <3 the Pigeon - and I know I'll love this book when I win it! :-D


  32. Holly Said,

    Two words:
    More. Mo.


  33. Pippi Said,

    Thanks for sharing! I love Mo!


  34. jebranch Said,

    Awesome contest...I'm a college student and a young artist. I've always wanted to write and draw kids books like Mo's. He's great, so simple yet so captivating. I would love nothing more than to read cartoons about his world travels...what a guy. Thanks for the contest!


  35. Update: Bamboo Nation will now be giving away three brand new copies of the book to three lucky winners. We'll announce on September 1, 2009. Thanks for entering!


  36. Huyen Said,

    how about seitan instead of porkchop? Actually, a rickshaw sounds tasty, especially one drawn by Mo


  37. slimandslam Said,

    Does one want a rickshaw when it monsoons?

    Want book, though.


  38. Pam T Said,

    Oooooh! How cool is this. Me! Me!


  39. Cari Said,

    Choose me! I love Mo!

    neohippy10 hotmail


  40. This comment has been removed by the author.


  41. plynn Said,

    Pick me, pick me...


  42. Lucy Said,

    Yes, please!!!


  43. More Books please


  44. Anonymous Said,

    A chance for a Mo book...awesome!
    new reader JS


  45. Mo Willems!! Then I'd be the envy of all the children's librarians! Thanks for the contest! :D


  46. Anonymous Said,

    I have verified the word.


  47. Anonymous Said,

    I verified the word without my initials - mjr.

    Wait, does this give me two chances?


  48. Suzanne Said,

    And you can never find a lightning rod when it hurricanes.


  49. Anonymous Said,

    ©< Please send book by Pigeon so I can read it at the bus stop. Thank you for the contest! >© --aka LKR (Wash, DC area)


  50. One of the winners has not claimed her prize after all these days, so the first person (out of all the people who left comments above) to e-mail me their mailing address will win that third and final copy of the book!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date