I Love Beyonce

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, September 14, 2009
Beyonce may bitch-slap a white woman in the Fatal Attraction knockoff, Obsessed, but she demonstrated that she is, in real life, all class when she came to the aid of a white woman at the MTV Music Awards this past weekend. By now, you've heard that Kanye West hijacked 19-year-old Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video (for "You Belong With Me") to declare that "Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!" (Swift, in a surprise upset, also beat out Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, and Pink.) Swift just stood there, stunned. It's kind of a sad moment. Watch:

But then, when Beyonce later won Best Video of the Year for "Single Ladies," she graciously asked Taylor Swift to return to the stage to have her moment. Rather touching, don't you think? Watch:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Here's what I think happened:

    Before the Show, Kanye and Beyonce talk:

    Kanye: "Hey Beyonce, I loved your video, if you don't win best video, I'm storming the stage to complain."

    Beyonce: "Oh, I don't know about that."

    Kanye: "No, it'll be good, a publicity coup for everyone. I'll look like an asshole, which is my whole persona, you'll look gracious, and the third person will look dissed by the asshole and everyone will rally to her. It's win-win-win."

    Beyonce: "Oh, come on..."

    Kanye: "Trust me."

    The event happens. Backstage, Beyonce approaches Swift:

    Beyonce: "That Kanye's always pulling publicity stunts. But this will work for us. We've talked to the producers of the show, and I'm going to let you say your thanks when I win that award. You have that second outfit, right? Get your remarks ready and standby backstage."

    Swift: "Oh, so this is how it all works."


  2. Gabriel, what are you doing here? Don't you have a moon landing to try and discredit?


  3. mr jp Said,

    That's funny, I was thinking almost the same thing Gabriel did!

    A publicity stunt!


  4. Kanye is an ass. Obviously his momma didn't raise him right. Oh, that's right. He bought her a boob job and she died during surgery. I guess that's what materialism gets you, Kanye.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date