"Christian Side Hug": It Was a Spoof!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, December 09, 2009
After I posted the preposterous but nonetheless plausible video of the religious rap song, "Christian Side Hug," the folks over at Doodie Pants pointed out in the comments section that the abstinence-only tune was a spoof. What does it say about modern-day religion that a song so absurd can easily be believed to be true?

For the story behind the song, visit Doodie Pants.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. louise Said,

    Spoof? Really?

    It sure didn't seem any different than the other preposterous things I see around here in the name of "Christian Rock."

    I wonder if they are just calling it a "spoof" now, because of all the press it got for being moronic.


  2. John Said,

    It's no more absurd than some of the silliness I was taught in Baptist Sunday School growing up. I remember one Sunday School teacher lecturing a roomful of 13 year olds on why the Smurfs were evil....something about Gargamel being a reference to the devil and Smurfette living in sin with a bunch of men. I died a little inside that morning.


  3. Cheryl Said,

    I feel like I've lost a little of my innocence. Not because I regularly give front hugs, but because the days of stumbling across something genuinely priceless on YouTube are gone.


  4. Cheryl Said,

    Thank god kitten cuteness doesn't need to be faked.


  5. I just can't believe it.

    I won't believe it.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date