A Conversation in the Kitchen

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, December 16, 2009
LOREN: I have a $250 gift certificate for Sur La Table!


LOREN: What should we get for the kitchen?

PRINCE: A snow cone machine!

LOREN: We're not getting a snow cone machine.

PRINCE: But I need a snow cone machine. I can't think of anything else that I would rather have.

LOREN: No, seriously, c'mon, what should we get? I narrowed it down to five things.

PRINCE: Why do you even ask me? You're gonna get what you want to get anyway, so it's pointless to pretend like I have a say in this.

LOREN: You do have a say in this...

PRINCE: Then let's get a snow cone machine!

LOREN: ...from the list of five things I've narrowed it down to.

PRINCE: A snow cone machine isn't on that list?

LOREN: We are not going to spend $250 on a snow cone machine.

PRINCE: It's not $250! It's a gift certificate! It's free!

LOREN: I'm getting a food processor.

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Chung Nguyen Said,

    Boo. Snow cone machine would've been awesome!


  2. I'm going to have to side with Loren on this one. He made the right choice.


  3. It's not about practicality!

    It's about what will make Prince happy!


  4. jterry Said,

    I swear I've had the exact same conversation at my house. Guess which one I am. ;)


  5. wjackalope Said,

    while a snow cone machine would be totally awesome, a food processor is pretty damn handy. Good dilemma to have.


  6. Can't you make snow cones with a food processor?


  7. For $250 I could think of alot of grown up things to make me happy.

    Like a day with all my friends at a waterpark!


  8. Anonymous Said,

    Prince, you are so frivolous!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date