Cute Asian Ukulele Boy Does "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I found out some details about Cute Asian Ukulele Boy, who previously wowed us with a cover of Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." He is five years old, and he is Japanese. On his YouTube page, his parent (I presume) wrote:

He and I started playing ukulele only one year ago.
We first learned the uke by watching a TV program (NHK).
The program lasted three months.

It was Louise on the Left who pointed out that this kid is more than a one-trick pony. Check him out doing an adorable cover of The Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da"...in a tie! Watch:


If that doesn't clobber you over the head with a sock full of cute, then see him jamming hard to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Watch:


[Thanks to Louise on the Left.]
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

9 Comments

  1. wjackalope Said,

    oh my god. First - this kid can actually rock on that ukelele. he's gonna be a pretty accomplished musician someday. Second - yeah that's pretty damn cute.

     

  2. I need him to live in my pocket, so I can impress my friends at parties. "Oh, that strumming? Here, let me show you!" Way better than buying a new dress for every soirée!

    My plan is a good plan. Kids like eating pocket lint, and restaurant mints, right?

     

  3. Yeah, you know, this kid would be great to bring to parties to steal thunder from that guy who annoys everybody by casually picking up the guitar in the corner and strumming Elvis Costello--badly.

     

  4. Anonymous Said,

    Yeah, but who is he? Does his mysterious 35 year old no-avatar "presumed parent" keep him in a closet, or what? He should be producing DVDs for children. He's a natural, though he may need a little speech help (especially with English!).

     

  5. Nick Matyas Said,

    Looks so good in the website. It's really helpful. Thanks for your posting.

    http://www.webroyalty.com

     

  6. Anonymous Said,

    @Anonymous

    looks pretty happy to me. and he's like 5 or something and your criticizing the fact that he can't speak english. do you have any idea how ridiculous that is. (sigh) some people.

     

  7. Anonymous Said,

    stop being ridiculous people! he's japanese! how can u expect a 5 year old to speak english well while majority of the japanese people speak english with heavy accents?

     

  8. Anonymous Said,

    why does he learn to speak english? does everyone need to speak english to survive?

     

  9. Anonymous Said,

    I believe in all my years I have never seen such a sweeter and impressively talented child. His fame could continue, I would love to see him develop.
    I was dismayed about negative connotations with regard to his speech. He is perfect... As an American person who speaks Mandarin, English and Spanish; people need to realize English is the least common.
    Hooray for you Little Guy. To his parents; I just love watching his expressiveness. Thank you for posting him.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date