Pork Chop's 15-Week Weight-Loss Challenge: Week #2

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, December 21, 2009


###

Pork Chop's Weight Last Week:
20.0 pounds

Pork Chop's Target Weight This Week (Week #2):
19.4 pounds

Pork Chop's Ideal Weight After 15 Weeks:
15 pounds


###

Pork Chop has not tired of Soulistic wet food's Double Happiness Tuna & Crab Surimi and Celestial Feast Sardines & Tuna. But we can now add Shrimply Divine Tuna & Shrimp to his list of favorite dinnertime meals.



After the second full week on his new diet, Pork Chop's goal weight is 19.4 pounds. Well, I plopped him down on my very precise scale, and he now weighs in at...19.2 pounds! Oh my god, I can't believe he came in well under his target weight. Let this be an inspiration to you all!

But wait!

I was just informed by a veterinarian friend of mine that it may be dangerous for Pork Chop to lose more than 1% of his body weight per week. The process needs to be slow and gradual, I was told. So, I'm going to have to go seek more animal counsel, and we may have to readjust Pork Chop's weekly goals, and this may take longer than 15 weeks. More info to come.

###

Pork Chop's Weight Last Week:
20.0 pounds

Pork Chop's Target Weight This Week (Week #2):
19.4 pounds

Pork Chop's Actual Weight This Week
(Week #2):
19.2 pounds

Pork Chop's Target Weight Next Week:
TBD

Pork Chop's Ideal Weight After 15 Weeks:
TBD
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

6 Comments

  1. wjackalope Said,

    My starting weight: 179
    Target Weight: 174
    Target weight this week: 178.643

    Actual weight (earlier today): about 177 (it's hard to read the scale precisely).

    Apparently I'm doing things right!

     

  2. Erica Lynn Said,

    Congrats pork chop, and hang in there! I know it's difficult to stay on a diet during the holidays :)

     

  3. Wjackalope, good job! Do you want a treat?

    Erica Lynn, Pork Chop may have to cheat for Christmas dinner--but he deserves it.

     

  4. Cheryl Said,

    Two of my three cats are on diets right now, and since I haven't yet purchased the baby scale my vet advised, I go back and forth between worrying that they're not losing any weight and worrying that they're dropping it too fast. It's hard being a cat parent.

     

  5. Cheryl, after I get info from my counsel, I will report back.

     

  6. Green Tea Said,

    Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.

    Green Tea Weight Loss

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date