Conan O'Brien Fights Back Tears in Moving Farewell Speech (Watch It Before NBC Pulls It!)

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, January 23, 2010
Oh my freaking god, did you see Conan O'Brien's final goodbye on The Tonight Show last night? He got choked up while sincerely expressing his gratitude towards...NBC! After all, it is where he's spent most of his professional career (first as a writer on Saturday Night Live, then as host of Late Night). He then made a moving plea: "Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. It's my least favorite quality, and it doesn't lead anywhere." It was hard for me not to get a bit choked up myself—and I never really watched Conan. What a classy farewell. What a classy guy. Watch:



(Actually, if NBC pulls this clip (for some reason, it's not available on NBC's official site), you can probably see it here.)
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

3 Comments

  1. Mead Said,

    Prince, that is awesome. I've never even seen The Tonight Show and I was moved by Conan's farewell. Thanks for posting this.

     

  2. You're a big softie just like me!

    You're welcome!

     

  3. wjackalope Said,

    classy classy classy. NBC is so stupid.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date