For the Jews: "EZ Heeb"?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, January 13, 2010
I was so intrigued by an e-mail I got that I'm going to post it here:

I perform gender-deviant/multimedia/spoken word homo-hop under the name Athens Boys Choir, and this is a video for one of my songs called "EZ Heeb." "EZ Heeb" is a mix-tape, roller-skate fantasy date, directed by go-to queer music video director Ali Cotterill.

All right, so I viewed the video, and I don't really get it, though it is strangely watchable, especially the hotel-worker bed dance in the middle. Help me out, Jews! Is there anything to "get" here? Watch:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

8 Comments

  1. Melissa Said,

    Good Jewish girl goes bad? Chooses homo-hip-hop genderqueerness over prescribed Jewish norms?

    I couldn't quite figure it out, either, but it *is* kind of amazing.

     

  2. Ohhhhh, I get it now! It's your typical average everyday good Jewish girl goes bad and chooses homo-hip-hop genderqueerness over prescribed Jewish norms music video. How derivative! :)

     


  3. Melissa Said,

    Well, I did what I could. Feel free to call on me for other issues concerning Jewish signification. I'm always ready with a fancy lit-crit term that'll make things even more confusing than they already were.

     

  4. wjackalope Said,

    but he said she was a goy - so it can't be good Jewish girl goes bad. It's about a jew and a gentile getting together. Beyond that I'm clueless.

     

  5. 50in50 Said,

    Prince,

    I'm not supposed to be telling you this, and they could take away my Jew-Card for it, but here it goes anyway: 90% of the things Jews say/do don't even make sense to other Jews. We are, however, obligated (Chosen) to play along. Yiddish? We just make that up as we go to confuse outsiders. It's kind of our little joke.

    So, no, I can't offer any additional info to make it make sense. That said, I really kind of enjoyed it, so clearly it's resonating with me on some deep Semitic level I'm not aware of.

    Cheers,

    Brent

     

  6. Michael, I see your "???" and I raise you a "WTF???".

    Melissa, you're a good Jew.

    But, Wjackalope, your powers of analysis are usually so damn thorough!

    50in50, thanks for confirming the vast Jewish conspiracy!

     

  7. wjackalope Said,

    Prince, sorry to disappoint. I'll try watching it again and see what I can come up with.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date