A Love Story to End All Love Stories (For All the Wrong Reasons)

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Friday, January 29, 2010
Does the following trailer for a real movie (not a parody!) titled Julie and Jack make you want to see the film? Or does it make you want to slit your wrists using the edges of Enya and Yanni CDs? If you make it to the "Special Appearance" credit and don't spit out your drink in judgmental exasperation, then you're a better person than I. Watch:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

7 Comments

  1. wjackalope Said,

    see it's called "Golden Gate Pictures" because they filmed it in San Francisco. Clever.

     

  2. Patty Hose Said,

    WTF?!!! Is this some stupid high school project? A parody, perhaps? Who would seriously produce such a terrible film, unless they enjoy flushing money down the toilet?

     

  3. Deb Said,

    This cannot be real, it just cannot. At least the actor portraying Jack took an awesome Hollywood-type surname: Kunkle.

     

  4. I love that name: Kunkle. I want to call all my friends that from now on. "Hey, Kunkle, what's up?"

     

  5. Brent Rose Said,

    No. Effing. Way. Prince, I AUDITIONED for that, I shit you not. It was YEARS ago. I mean, seven or eight years ago, back when I lived in the Bay. I wish to god I could remember the details of the meeting or audition, but I can't. All I remember was reading the script and thinking, "Oh my god, this is the worst thing I've ever read," and telling him I couldn't do it for some reason. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I ever actually auditioned. I may have read the script first, then made up an excuse why I couldn't come.

    Anyway, eight years later and I can't believe he actually made it. Simply amazing. It's even better than I'd imagined it'd be.

     

  6. Brent, Julie and Jack could've been the biggest break of your career! And we all would be discussing your name right now!

    Anyway, I've searched for more info on the movie, and didn't find much. Do you remember what the plot is? Is there a twist? What's this thing I hear about celibacy or something in the movie? I am intrigued...but not enough to watch it.

     

  7. Brent Rose Said,

    Yeah, well, sometimes you're on the boat, and sometimes you ain't. Why, I could've been the next Justin Kunkle.

    I wish I could remember the plot, but I think I've blocked it out. I seem to remember some kind of twist, like she was a robot, or an angel or something, but really, it's gone.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date