Skin That Is Mysterious in the K. That Is U.; or: Attention U.K. Readers, Where Is This?

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Thursday, February 04, 2010
I pay attention to the business end of my writing career about as well a gay kid with sports, so I may have some the following details wrong.

Last year, stage director Peter Darney in the UK expressed interest in producing my stage adaptation of Scott Heim's Mysterious Skin. He dug my script, so he arranged to do a staged reading to convince the Arts Council to fund a production.

The accompanying photo (click to enlarge) is the super-cool artwork promoting the reading, which is happening on Monday, March 15, 2010. If you happen to be in the area, go see it! And lean over to the arts council people and say, "Oh my god, this is the best play ever! I hope they get the money to do a full-ass production!" Be sure to use the word "full-ass."

By the way, U.K. readers, where is The Drill Hall? It's in London, right? What part of town? A good part? A crappy part?

Visit The Drill Hall site for more information about Mysterious Skin in the U.K.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. How cool is that?!

    Congrats, you international playwright, you.


  2. jterry Said,

    I'm spreading the word to the highest echelons of lefty British power.


  3. So, word spreading and all- friend of a friend bought tickets, and asked if there was any chance for a meeting after the reading? You're not going to be in London are you?


  4. Louise and JTerry, thanks! I feel powerful!

    Smartlikeatruck, I, alas, will not be in London for the reading, but, if they pick it up for a full run, I am so going.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date