Alice in Wonderbland

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This is first time I left the theater in the middle of a movie this year so far. I just don't get it, folks. Explain please.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Zanne Said,

    What drove you out? Haven't seen it yet, but it is on my list. Should I think twice?


  2. Marlene Said,

    I saw it too, and just kept waiting for it to get better. It never did. Even seeing my beloved cheshire cat, the sole reason I went, couldn't save it for me. That is two hours of my life that I will never get back.


  3. wjackalope Said,

    dang - I was hoping it would be good. Maybe I'll skip it after all.


  4. Marlene, oh, I'm glad I left then. I went home to play Halo, and that was much more fun.

    Zanne and Wjackalope, a LOT was happening on screen, but nothing was really HAPPENING, if that makes sense. God, I was bored out of my mind.


  5. booksforfood Said,

    I heard the frame narrative was way more interesting than the bulk of the film in Wonderland. The idea of an older Alice is intriguing, as is the idea of her going back into Victorian society changed from her adventure. But nope, instead it's just a lot of crazy special effects. I don't think I'm going to bother seeing it.



  6. I refuse to go. I hate what he does to things. Imposes his own tiresome shit on top of ripping off other people's ideas to the point that all you have left is a bit pile of copy-cat crap.
    But, when I saw the freaky eye contact lenses on Depp for a children's movie, I just decided that was it. Not going.


  7. Howard Ho Said,

    Maybe I won't see this now...

    On a lighter note, did you know Lewis Carroll was a brilliant mathematician and wrote math books? Apparently, when the Queen liked Alice and wanted a copy of Carroll's next book, he sent her a math book.


  8. Howard Ho Said,

    Awwww, man, that story is false.


  9. Jess Said,

    The dance scene! THE DANCE SCENE! No one is talking about it?


  10. jason Said,

    Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this film was so average. I wouldn't walk out of it, but I kinda felt disappointed. Lucky you left before they tried to shoehorn an epic plot-line into an otherwise bland story


  11. Colin Said,

    It was not very good at all; I didn't leave, but it felt like a molestation of Carroll's work, and that really bugged me. I'm not usually a big Tim Burton fan, but this was really a pathetic attempt at making something weird weirder when it was already just weird enough. Screw you, Burton.

    Also, the acting just felt subpar throughout the whole movie.


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date