A Polar Bear Scares the Crap Out of a Girl Wearing a Polar Bear Costume

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Once again, Japanese television provides us with fascinating video footage that makes you wish you were high while watching it. This time, TV producers dress up some girl in a polar bear costume and take her to a polar bear tank at a local zoo. [Addendum: Astute reader "Wjackalope" points out that the girl is actually wearing a seal hat, which, come to think of it, is even more fucked up.] The girl in question freaks out when a real live polar bear dives at the protective glass she's standing in front of. What's so funny about a Japanese girl almost crapping her pants? Why...everything! (One thing I forgot to mention about all these clips is that I love those screen-in-screen reaction shots. Oh, glorious technology!) Watch:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. wjackalope Said,

    I don't think that's a polar bear costume she's wearing - I think it's a seal hat - the bear is obviously hungry!


  2. Oh my god, I think you're right! I've been on a losing streak lately with interpreting these videos!


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date