I have been singing the praises of post-"Mmm Bop" Hanson for years now, and I can see no good reason to stop.

First of all, they're super hot. Like, seriously, they make me melt into a heaping pile of 13-year-old girl.

Secondly, they continue to churn out solid pop-rock albums. Some, I admit, are more successful than others, but I'm always interested in what they're up to and what they're experimenting with. I don't listen to their last album, The Walk, all that much, for example, but it's cool that it was partially inspired by their visits to Africa and their efforts to help stop the AIDS crisis.

All grown up, they've got music critics on their side, and even Bono calls them "genius." So you see?! I'm not some lone whackjob! (Perhaps an unfortunate choice of word.)

Anyway, Hanson's new album, Shout It Out, is loads of fun, and the lead track, "Waiting for This," is a fine example of what the brothers can do and do well (aside from the amazing things they do in my dreams). Watch and listen:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

2 Comments

  1. jterry Said,

    Somewhere, probably in a closet in my mother's house, is a scandalous story I wrote when I was about 15 regarding a fantasy tryst between Taylor Hanson and me. Let's just say it was steamy, and we're conveniently the same age.

    And that was a fun song. I'm still convinced Taylor is family, in spite of his millions of offspring he's spawned the old fashioned way.

     

  2. The amount of Taylor Hanson fan fiction that exists could power a locomotive for years.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date