Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, July 19, 2010

I do believe I'm in the minority here.

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. Really?

    But I a sooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to watch it.


  2. Erica Lynn Said,

    I agree with you, but everyone else I saw it with loved it. How many times did we need to see that shot of a van slowly falling into a river? And they had 50 years to create a town with mind magic that could completely defy the laws of physics and they made a soviet bloc? What the heck? Christopher Nolan must have some boring dreams!


  3. isaac butler Said,


    Didn't you like WANTED?

    Check and mate.


  4. Goddamn, Isaac, you have a good memory. And you hold grudges. :)

    All I'll say is this:

    WANTED features a shirtless and sweaty James McAvoy double-fisting big guns.

    But this sexless, joyless movie does not.


  5. Howard Ho Said,

    Is that a review? More like a rev-OUCH!


  6. Howard Ho Said,

    To answer Erica, the shots of the van were to keep the audience informed of its progress towards landing in the water, a technical necessity. As for the design of the limbo world, I agree...but we clearly saw the place in decay rather than when it was newly created so maybe it wasn't always a soviet bloc.

    To Prince, sexless and joyless is too strong, but I can see where you're coming from.

    The point of the movie, as I saw it, was commentary on the trickery of cinema essence, movies are often the mediocre dreams of our lives and yet we still enter them, don't we?


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date