My Mom Doesn't Like English Movies

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Monday, December 13, 2010
MOM: I don't like English movies.

PRINCE: What do you mean?

MOM: Movies from England.

PRINCE: Why not?

MOM: They're so dark.

PRINCE: "Dark?"

MOM: Yeah. The lights aren't bright enough. And it looks like everybody walking around in the dark.

PRINCE: That's not true.

MOM: When I flip through channels, I can always tell if it's an English movie. If everything is dark and I can't see anything that's going on, then I know it's from England. I don't like English movies.

(I would've argued with her further, but what if Mike Leigh's Naked was playing on TV that night?)

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

4 Comments

  1. She's right. It's all to hide their poor dental care.

     

  2. As my mom would say, "You some kind of comedian?"

     

  3. Peter Varvel Said,

    Mrs. Gomolvilas is a MILFR - a Mom I'd Like to Friend Request.

     

  4. If my mom ever joined Facebook, that would surely be the first sign of the apocalypse.

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date