BLOGATHON 2006 ENTRY #4: Loving the Excess

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Saturday, July 29, 2006
Reporting From Glendale, California.

When I got into high school, Vegas started to become less interesting to me. Years and years of wandering video game arcades like some crack whore down at the bowery made me world weary. Also, I was beginning to see Vegas for what it really was—a sad and gaudy city with lights bright and plenty in order to hide the desperation and disappointment. So while my parents would continue their drives to Vegas, I would stay behind and pretend to do homework.

As an adult, I can accept Vegas for what is. If you go there knowing what you're getting yourself into and if you give in to the utter and sheer excess, you can have a good time.

Plus, if you're a conservative poker player, you can have fun and longevity at 7-card stud. (It's the best and purest form of poker. I don't like this hold-'em crap. Sharing cards?! What is that shit?! What's mine is mine, motherfuckers!) I don't know if I have the best poker face though. I can play all night, cool and collected, but, when I'm in possession of a winning hand, my face starts beaming. I just get so excited. Like a crack whore down at the bowery at the beginning to a shift.

~~~~~

This entry was written during Blogathon 2006 (held from Saturday, July 29, 2006, 6:00 a.m., through Sunday, July 30, 2006, 6:00 a.m.) in support of Bread for the Journey. A total of $335.92 has been raised so far. You can still pledge money RIGHT NOW through Monday, July 31, 2006. Sponsor this event by clicking here RIGHT NOW. And here are full details about my involvement in this event.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!

MORE BAMBOO NATION POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Where, exactly, is the bowery?

     


  2. Nevin Said,

    Hold 'em is great, Prince. You just suck at it.

     

  3. Community cards?! In poker, there IS no community! It's me against everyone else, dammit!

     



Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date