Try to Get a Word in Edgewise, Julia Cho and Elizabeth Wong!

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I've been asked to lead an artists' discussion with playwrights Julia Cho (Durango) and Elizabeth Wong (Letters to a Student Revolutionary). I've made my deep admiration for their work known on this blog (read "Fine, Julia Cho, You Deserve It All" and "You Say You Want a Revolution"), so I instantly agreed. Plus, there's a going to be a Chinese buffet at the event. A Chinese buffet! I would've been nuts to say no!

You're probably thinking, "Wait. Prince has been asked to moderate a panel discussion? How will Julia and Elizabeth get a word in edgewise? Won't he keep trying to steer the conversation back to himself and Pork Chop?"

The answer, of course, is yes. That's why I've been spending all week studying Charlie Rose, though I don't think I can quite duplicate that vacant look in his eyes.

No, but seriously, folks, you know I'm an excellent interviewer (check out Bamboo Nation on iTunes), so this is going to be an excellent evening. And if not, there's always the Chinese buffet.

Click on the photo above to see the flyer, or check out the information below:

Asian Pacific Friends of the Theatre hosts


Moderated by Prince Gomolvilas

Thursday, October 22, 2009
6:30 p.m. No-Host Reception
7 :00 p.m. Buffet Dinner
7:30 p.m. Artist Discussion and Q&A

$12 pre-sale
$15 at the door

3 hours free parking with validation

Taipan Restaurant at the Wells Fargo Building
330 S. Hope Street, Second Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Pre-sale RSVP by October 16
Mail checks payable to "APAFT"
The Phan Law Group
Attn: Katie Tokushige
6080 Center Drive, Suite 610
Los Angeles, CA 90045

For more information or to be added to the mailing list, e-mail

Here's the Facebook invite, for those of you who care about such things.
Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!



  1. If I lived in LA I would think seriously about going - at least for the buffet


  2. Howard Ho Said,

    btw, I'm helping to organize this event. See you there!


  3. Andy Said,

    Which I could be there but I have class :(

    Have a great one Ho and his Prince!


  4. Andy Said,

    Reverse that...

    Prince and his Ho ;)


Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date