On My Playlist: "White Van" by David Fridlund; or: Further Down the Swedish Rabbit Hole

Posted by Prince Gomolvilas
ON Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Speaking of English-language Swedish indie rock, my other big discovery is David Fridlund, who's now navigating the music scene in Austin, which means he's close enough to almost touch. And I don't mean that in a stalker-ish sort of way. (Well, okay, I do, but he doesn't know that.)

My favorite song of his at the moment is the infectious "White Van," which prompted me to leave embarrassingly gushing messages on his Facebook wall. Here's the cool music video:

Thanks for visiting Bamboo Nation! Want to stay connected? Subscribe to this blog via RSS or e-mail. Or join my private e-mail list for event alerts. Or do both of those things. Because if you do, you win the Internet!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 Comments

  1. Sylvain Said,

    The guy is great. Album "Until the sadness is gone" with former band David and the Citizens is quite something. My favourite song of his is: Now She Sleeps In A Bow In The Good Soil Of Denmark.

     

  2. Sylvain, yes, I love that album too! My favorite track is "On All American Winds."

     

  3. By the way, Sylvian, some cool songs/videos on your website!

     

  4. Sylvain Said,

    Thanks for giving it a go!

     








Blog Archive by Topic

Blog Archive by Date

Blogroll